Caring for elderly relatives is a rather acute question that often requires quick solutions. That is why private pay home care is so popular nowadays. However, it is not so easy to trust your elder relative to an unknown person due to numerous reasons, especially if you have never received services before. Fortunately, professional home care attendant know how to make the adaptation process run smoothly.
WHAT IS THE PROFESSIONAL HOME CARE ATTENDANT ?
There is no doubt that old age does not mean helplessness: fortunately, many people feel cheerfulness and excellent health as they are at Alzheimer’s syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, senile dementia are common enough as well as consequences of injuries and strokes, problems with the musculoskeletal system. As a result, we need a professional who can provide the following service:
- The ability to act in extraordinary situations. The person must know what to do if something goes wrong with the patient. The worker needs to have the appropriate experience.
- Physical strength. If the elder citizen is bedridden, the home care attendant must be able to turn and move the patient. Even if the elder citizen can move and walk, they will always need some physical support.
- Endurance and composure. Seniors who have some health problems are quite specific in communication. That is the main reason why a professional home attendant must be patient.
- Appropriate education, certified knowledge, and skills. Nurses often choose to work as home attendants because they are already familiar with similar duties.
Untidiness and slovenliness may indicate a careless attitude towards personal hygiene. This means that every specialist in this field must look clean and neat. Besides, with age, human behavior, and consciousness change: it is about character, the focus of attention, and fears. The professional home care attendant must know about all these features, create a comfortable psychological environment, and establish a trusting relationship with an elder patient.
SHOULD KINDNESS BE CONSIDERED AS A PRIORITY?
There is no doubt that the quality of the service depends on the home care attendant’s traits. Here are the main requirements that the worker must meet:
- tenderness. Home care attendants usually show their sincere attention to all the people around them: their parents, relatives, children, or neighbors. You will certainly notice that during the first meeting.
- persistence. The professional should not be spineless or hesitant; he or she has to follow the recommendations given before. Thus, you will be sure that your elder relative is in safe hands.
- goodwill. If the person is polite and courteous, it means that they know how to keep a distance and build trust with the whole family. It is also important for the home attendant not to have negative emotions towards people just because they are of a different race or religion.
- solicitude. The home attendant is not the person who puts their interests ahead of others. He has to satisfy all the client’s requests.
- attentiveness. The professional home care agency worker must be realistic and decisive, not to merge into their thoughts too often. The ability to notice the slightest changes in pressure, temperature, or general well-being is essential.
The candidate must have all the five mentioned personal traits and may be kind at the same time. It is important to see the difference as far as excessive kindness may cause the inability to cope with the patient’s whims and unreasonable desires. As a result, in most cases, kindness is not considered as a priority but certainly is an advantage if the home attendant is tender, polite, attentive, careful, and persistent.
If you are in the process of looking for a home care agency in New York, All Heart home care agency is the best decision for you. This is a team of professional home attendants who only provide high-quality service. Every worker meets all the mentioned requirements and has the appropriate experience. Professional care is their main focus.
Want to enjoy time with your elder relatives instead of serving and swearing? The All Heart Care team is ready to provide your family with professional help.